Reap the benefits of one of New York’s oldest and most exciting community theaters!
- General Meetings: Socialize and get the inside scoop on the Players' current happenings
- 10% Off at "Inside Park" at St. Bart's: Just present your membership card
- Exclusive Members-Only E-Newsletters: Get all the latest information
- Priority Events/Auditioning:
- Members-only "Meet & Greets" with directors and artistic staff prior to auditions; the opportunity to be seen before non-members waiting at auditions
- Members-Only Events
- Social Outings to karaoke, Happy Hours, sports events and much more
- Annual Parties, such as the Final Curtain Call Ball and Holiday Bash with live piano/open mic
- Special discounts to Players' Main Stage productions
- Performance Opportunities
- Main Stage productions (musicals and plays)
- 70% of the cast is made up of established members, 30% new membership
- Additional productions are put on throughout the season, such as play readings and cabarets
- Fundraisers: Members can produce their own performance events
- Classes: Access to our performance-related classes at discounted rates
- Behind-the-Scenes: Opportunities to be a producer, sound board operator, dance captain and other back stage positions
Interested in Becoming a Member of the St. Bart’s Players?
We would love to have you join us! If you are interested, come to our next general meeting. Meetings are held at St. Bart's Community House - entrance is at 109 East 50th Street. Sign up for our E-Newsletters on the homepage for more information.
Annual membership dues: $75 may be paid at any of our general meetings or mailed to: St. Bart's Players, 325 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022, Attn: Tom Schrank. Checks should be made out to St. Bart's Players (with "dues" entered on the memo line).
Contact email@example.com for additional information.
Earn Player Points for Audition Eligibility
In order to be eligible to audition for Main Stage productions you must have a minimum of 65 Player Points. Player Points are based on hours worked at Players' events and productions throughout the year and/or being a member of the Board of Directors. Each new member receives 65 Player Points at the point of joining.
- Audition Eligibility: In order to audition for a Main Stage production, you must have accrued 65 Player Points.
- Volunteer and Earn Points Throughout the Season: When opportunities are announced, sign up quickly so you can earn your points. There are even special events that will earn double points!
- Production Player Points: Crew a Main Stage production to accumulate points based on your backstage or front-of-house role. In order to earn total points below, you must be present for Load-In/Out, Tech Week (as needed per production) and all scheduled performances.
- Producer/Stage Manager: 185 Player Points
- Assistant Producer/ASM: 165 Player Points
- Production Crew (Running, Lighting/Spot, Sound, Costume, Props): 75 Player Points
- House Manager/Box Office/Concessions: 65 Player Points
- Deducting Player Points: If you are cast in a production, the appropriate amount of points will be deducted from your point bank: 65 Player Points for performing in a Main Stage. Small roles will have fewer points deducted, and will be determined by the Producer and Board of Directors post-casting; however, you must have the minimum required points to audition.
- Tracking & Rolling Over Player Points: As long as you are an active paid member, your points will roll over into the next season. Inactive Players for more than two consecutive seasons will lose all previously banked Player Points. Event Leaders, Producers and the Production Director are the keepers of Player Points; however, you are also responsible for tracking your own Player Points. For any questions regarding Player Points, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to audition for a play or musical? Just pay your dues and commit to the obligations listed above. It's that simple! Audition dates and times will be announced here and on the E-Newsletter.
You can also join the St. Bart's Players community by becoming involved backstage. Gain hands-on experience and build your skills behind the curtain!
To find out, contact us at email@example.com.